Wednesday, February 4, 2009

We're Here!

...well sort of. We've landed in Woodland California just west of Sacramento. What a beautiful trip through the Sierra Nevada mountains. Although stressful at times poor Charly drove it like a trooper through the craziness that is Interstate 80. My hand may have been clenched to the door handle and my body tensed but she did a great job. Sadly we mourn the loss of the grapefruit we brought from home the agriculture border patrol confiscated it, said it had citrus pests...the nerve! We arrived at our motel and Charly did a twirly dance in the parking lot in a t-shirt. You heard it a T-SHIRT! Oh yeah and palm trees! The weather is great and we are happy. 

This may be a good time to go over why we are doing this. Charly and I have abandoned Minnesota and its famous winters to be somewhere, anywhere milder. In addition we've applied to work on an organic farm www.fullbellyfarm.com in Guinda California. We interview tomorrow or Friday so wish us luck. 

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for keeping us up to date. I'm glad the trip is going well. Good luck with the interview.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best grocery = The Nugget. It is at 157 Main.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For my friend who was always feeding me great things, I cannot think of a better place to work than Fullbelly Farm. You'll both nail the interview. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure the interview went really well. While we miss you here, I'm glad your adventure is off to a good t-shirt dance kind of a start. Will start scanning your negs next week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. California is picky about produce going in or out of it. Hope the interview was grand...although I see you're in AZ? side trip?

    ReplyDelete