Friday, February 13, 2009

Ye Olde Job Hunt

Enter Rockstar:  So Tony and I decide to apply for jobs at the Renaissance Festival for our first temp jobs. We headed to the on-site office to pick up applications and fill them out in the car. I head back in to submit them when this lady outside asks me my name. I'm wondering why but just tell her. She tells me that she was waiting for an interviewee and thought I could be her. My response? Why yes I am! What was the name you were looking for?  ;)
She seems to take a liking to my spunk and says she might look at my application later as I'm telling her she should interview me instead. I turn in my application and cockily inform the receptionist to expect someone to ask for it soon. Before I leave I return to the lady to get her name telling her I need to know who to expect a call from. Rose, she tells me. Then she tells me to wait there a few minutes because she's decided she wants to interview Tony and I now. In a short time I'm being interviewed for a cocktail prep position at RenFest...but she tells me there is only one position available. Not too much later she's telling me she'll put Tony in money handling and boom we both have our first jobs on our adventure. If you can't tell, I'm proud of my smooth talking- but it just goes to show that being a pushy little bugger gets you places ;)

Postscript - She really is my cute little ROCKSTAR...I love her -Tony

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations!

    More information please: Where is the job geographically and how long will you be working there? Does this mean you won't be doing the farm thing? Do tell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just East of Phoenix right down the road from my parents place. Just a temporary thing... 6 more weekends. We haven't heard about the farm yet but that is par for the course with how busy they are. We'll keep you up to date.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huzzzzzah! I heart the Ren Faire times ten. Good for you guys, it'll be a blast, even if it's only for a short while.

    What fun, what fun.

    Keep up the good work! Miss you guys,

    Stacey

    ReplyDelete